Thursday, September 22, 2005

Week 2 Power Rankings

One man's opinion of how the league stacks up after 2 games:

1. Madd Skillz (2-0)

-One of three undefeateds, ranks #1 in points scored this season. Tough stretch of games upcoming will make this squad earn their spot at the top every week.

2. Cellar Dwellers (2-0)

-Cellar Dwellers will have a 'prove it' game against the Octagon next week for the right to remain undefeated. Shaun Alexander is rolling, and as soon as Kevin Jones does the same, this team could stay here a long time.

3. The Octagon (2-0)

-I really didn't want to do this. #8 in the league in points? Should be behind Fred Lane's Wife, right? FLW scored just 62 points this week. Champeons is out to a stellar start- but OCT oustcored them in week 2. Father Abraham makes a strong case for this spot, but OCT beat them head-to-head. Factually, I can't put this team lower than any of the defeated, but man do I want to.

4. Fred Lane's Wife (1-1)

-Can't forget week 1 explosion, and we're willing to overlook the letdown in week 2. This is still a fearsome team, with the second highest point total in the league. Toss up in this spot with Champeons, one that will be settled on the virtual field next week.

5. Champeons (1-1)

-Still my sleeper pick for the playoffs. Hurts bad to play the team with the biggest week, but that will happen to everyone at least once. Collins-Moss proving to be as reliable as one could have dreamed. Playoff aspirations will leap to expectations with a win next week.

6. Father Abraham (1-1)

-Monster week vaults them into contention. Things went well this week, but this team is on shaky ground if Jamal Lewis keeps averaging less than a yard per carry. Thought about putting them below one of the 0-2s, but the point spread is too significant to justify it.

t-7. Blaine Browns (0-2)

-Yes, a winless team above a 1-win team isn't really fair, but we're not looking at this from a pure standings point of view. Browns are missing their #2 back right now (has anyone seen Curtis Martin lately?) and it shows. The hard-luck loss this week (100+ points) shows that this team is far better than its record. A win against SKL next week is huge. A loss is, well...huge as well.

t-7. Sex Panther (0-2)

-I understand that they lost a head-to-head with a team lower on the list. Even given that fact, I would have had them as high as 5 if their point total (173) deserved to be. They have that much talent, and are too dangerous to forget about. A simple win next week probably vaults them into the top half.

9. Ken's Anal Adventure (1-1)

-Big win for the expansion club, who will scrape out a few more. Still, overall talent level is not up with the rest of the league; but the margin is shrinking. Conventional wisdom says that they won't do much for the rest of the year, but beating SP is no small task. Is there enough room in that house for two playoff teams?

10. Big Fat Guys (0-2)

-Week 3 does not bode well, as a wounded Panther comes to town looking to tear into the meaty flesh of this squad. Team holds a nice bargaining chip with a surplus of good QBs, but playing only one at a time won't translate into wins.

3 comments:

JR said...

All you haters are gonna be sorry when I win the league. In fact, let me GUARANTEE that I am going to make the playoffs. That's right, GUARANTEE.

Anonymous said...

I agree with putting me, with one win, below everyone but Baron, even though they may not have wins. I will, however, expect to be higher in the week 3 power rankings when I'm 2-1. Here's why:

1) Stephen Davis (FTA) is listed as questionable. He's old balls. DeShaun Foster (KAA) will step in and dominate, giving me an edge in points.

2) Marcell Shipp has won the starting job from J.J. Arrington, which gives me TWO, that's right, TWO starting running backs in him and Ahman Green. I haven't had that luxury before.

3) Manning goes up against a weak Cleveland defense and will throw to Stokley, finally.

4) Jamal Lewis is on a bye week and Ronald Curry is out for the season. I, meanwhile, lose Marcus Pollard. I picked up Jerramy Stevens, who might become the next Antonio Gates. At least in my mind.

5) Priest Holmes (FTA) will get hit by a bus.

-Tomke

Anonymous said...

By far, that was Tomke's best post ever. Which leads me to conclude this post with...

Shut up, JR.

-Drew